Saturday, March 14, 2009

Pyromaniac on the loose


I hereby declare that things have gotten out of hand. I am tired of hearing fire sirens in the night. Someone is setting fire to empty summer homes on the lake and it has to stop. This house is only about 1.5 miles from mine. Too close. It is one of about 5, that I know of, that has burned. I remember that someone (I think they said kids in the paper) had set fire to the woods last Spring. Or at last everyone assumed it was kids. Now though, I am not so sure.

This week there has been lots of trucks, and backhoes at another house that burned and was starting to fall in on itself. They had to pull it down. Which is a good thing. It was dangerous, an eyesore and a blight on the community. While I sorta of thought that that one might have been torched for the insurance money (it has been empty for 9 years that I know of) that cannot be true of all of them. Or is it? Has the economy gotten that bad?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pyromaniac or recession, either way times are really tough. I hoping things brighten up real fast for all of us.