Saturday, August 16, 2008

Cherry Tomatoes

It has started. The cherry tomatoes are getting out of hand. Although my sister, Master Gardener Extraordinaire, told me that cherry tomatoes are indeterminate and will just keep on growing until frost; I just rolled my eyes and fluffed her off. I went ahead and planted 4 red cherry tomato plants and 1 yellow. Yowza! What was I thinking. We are now in August and I am picking a bowlful every morning. I like them, I really do, but for heavens sake how many can 1 person eat. Thank your lucky stars you are not a neighbor. I will be ringing doorbells and abandoning my adorable tomato children on doorsteps very soon. Do you think I need to put bonnets on them to encourage adoption?

4 comments:

Deejbrown said...

Eat as many as you can so you can dream about them in January!

Wendy said...

Those are the cutest little tomatoes ever. No need for bonnets.

Anonymous said...

What a funny visual I have of a basket full of cherry tomatoes with tiny bonnets on. LOL. Cute. I would be happy to bring them into my heart (and stomach).

Anonymous said...

Jealous! I've had a few but most of mine are still green...

You can make sauce with them, and freeze it. YUM!

Kim