Sunday, January 25, 2009

Red Fox in Winter

I was on my way to have dinner with friends down in Hunterdon county when I happened to see movement out of the corner of my eye. There trotting across a field was a Red Fox. I slammed on the brakes; luckily there was no one behind me and my camera was on the passenger seat. I haven't seen a fox since last winter (also in the general vicinity). On the way back from dinner, we saw another Red Fox cross the road in front of the car. Wow. 2 in one day. Howard, also said they had seen hit on the side of the road in the morning on the way to church. This handsome guy looks like he is in great shape.

4 comments:

The Oceanside Animals said...

Gorgeous fox! We used to see them around our house in upstate New York, but only rarely.

Deejbrown said...

Long may (or she) live!

Anonymous said...

Jack saw one a few days ago on the ridge behind our house: About 15 feet from the living room window. - Pam

Leora said...

Handsome. Nice, the way you captured the fox in a simple setting, so the photo really says "fox."