Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My World--Dead Boy Bridge

Not far from my house there is a long haunted road that twists its way through the woods. There are lots of creepy stories associated with it, one of which is the dead boy that lives under the bridge. If you pass by and aren't careful he will come out and chase you. This has never happened to me, Thank God. I met a man at the hawk watch the other day who has lived on the north end of Clinton Road for 30 years. He said you are suppose to throw money into the iron-stained water for his benefit. The money disappears. I had never heard this twist on the tale. He also said he heard that it was a live boy living under the bridge. Either way, dead or alive, I would not be living under the bridge. It looks like it is about to fall down. Are there haunted parts of your town?

To see other part of the world check out "That's my World" meme

16 comments:

AphotoAday said...

I'm still trying to figure out how a "dead" boy
"lives" under a bridge, but since this is Halloween, I certainly won't throw cold water on the story...

Bevson said...

I guess by "living", it implies that he is always there as opposed to "staying" which would mean he is free to go. Maybe "trapped in perpetuity" is better???? Just doesn't have the same ring though.

Anonymous said...

***Shiver*** What a troll-ish story. Are you suppose to just toss the coins out the window of the car or actually get out and throw it in?

Guy D said...

Looks like something from a horror movie. Great pic, Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures

judi/Gmj said...

Thanks for sharing a great story. Clinton road, eh? Not going there. :D

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Bevson: I think I'd worry about the car falling off the bridge instead of the dead boy. Don't stop, fling the money as you cross. Nice tie into halloween.

Could you add My World to the title. Sky Watch Team

Anonymous said...

We don't go for the weird stuff around these parts, but we have 2 fairy glens nearby.

Anonymous said...

I would so totally not drive over that bridge at night. It is scary in the daylight.

Anonymous said...

LOL. It is the ghost of a long-dead toll bridge taker.

Anonymous said...

I can almost see the boy's eyes in the dark spot under the bridge. T'would make a great movie.

Anonymous said...

I'd go with the live boy version. It certainly explains the disappearing money. :-))

Marvin said...

A spooky story about troll boys and crumbling infrastructure.

Louise said...

I don't think I'd go that way, either. Dead boys, alive boys, bridge in disrepair. doesn't seem safe to me!

Anonymous said...

Troll is the first thing I thought of too, Susan. However, the "throw money" aspect leads me to think there's a more modern sort of ogre involved. :)

SaraG said...

Interesting story and great photo!!
Take care

Anonymous said...

Cool - a ftting "Sppoky" post for Halloween! Nicely told with a good pic!
Cheers, Klaus