Saturday, October 4, 2008

Worrisome old cat


whew. We dodged the bullet.

Miss Bourka went to the vet this morning and was diagnosed with a UTI. I thought for sure she had something dreadful. Instead, she has to take pills twice a day for 10 days. The doctor also said she was in remarkably good health for a 15 year old cat. She is a skinny old thing, but still hanging in there. I hope to have her for a while longer.

Wallowing in puddles of light,
ill health does not deter
the enjoyment of the sun's warm caress
on old bones.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is a beauty. I hope she gets better soon. Juli

Anonymous said...

I love this picture and I'm not even a cat person. The way you have captured her in the light is amazing! Billi

Lavender said...

Shes still a beauty too - Good to hear that it was something relatively simple - Enjoy the sun puddles Miss Bourka!

Anonymous said...

Dear Well-wishers,
Thank you for your concern. The pills do not taste SO bad, crushed and mixed in with the food. I prefer the nasty pills mixed with mashed potatoes, but alas, I rarely get them. Love, Bourka

Deejbrown said...

I love the poem and feel the skin on my own aging bones. Give
Bourka a kiss from her aunt....

Bevson said...

Update: Bourka has now developed diarrhea I think from the antibiotics. It is not bad, I'll have to call again tomorrow.

Kim said...

So glad Miss Bourka is OK. I hope the *side effect* does not linger. This photo of her is gorgeous...the lighting is amazing, and her eyes are mesmerizing!

Bevson said...

Bourka went back to the vet this morning and the UTI has NOT resolved. So, she is back on antibiotics for another 10 days.